India Bound

Sunrise at 5.30 am Sunset at 7.05 pm

Name:
Location: Mussoorie and Delhi, India

Engaging in wild acts of exploration and inquisition.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I am starting to miss foods..

Yesterday we went hiking in the woods after tea and we all came back with at least four leeches on us each. Only one of them had started to suck me and I poured salt all over it and it writhed around a lot and was a generally traumatizing experience.

Indian tea cookies are the best (cashew and cardamom being my favorite) and also Indian ice cream, though not great in variety holds competition to gelato (safron being the best so far).

I would kill many men/give my kingdom for: tofu, green vegetables (spinach, endives!), whole grains, all of the hippy santa cruz food I have grown so dependent on, cheese, and japanese food...oooooh! Its all these things I took completely for granted before ( can I have some of Maria's banana pancakes or a Vanessa strawberry salad? Pleeeeaaase) and now thinking of them is so futile and so consuming...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff May said...

That's funny. I started feeling the same way after being in New Mexico for five days. Nothing eaten there but fast food mexican and fast food chains. I don't I ever saw a vegetable. The last day I made the extra effort to shove some plums into my stomach and got some mushrooms, which were deep fried!! Jesus, I am going to be recovering for weeks!!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly~ I'm glad you weren't sucked dry from the scary leech. Have you seen any elephants or tigers since you've been there? love emily

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Kelly McCormick said...

Em! I haven't seen any elephants or tigers yet (seen: gazillion monkeys, water buffalo, giant snakes, scorpions, leeches) but I'm definitely going on an elephant trek in the near future. Oh, I keep thinking of you - you would love all the fabrics and jewels!

Jeff! You should have gone to Northern NM to where all the good food is! I'm envious though...oh New Mexico....

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Kelly McCormick said...

Em! I haven't seen any elephants or tigers yet (seen: gazillion monkeys, water buffalo, giant snakes, scorpions, leeches) but I'm definitely going on an elephant trek in the near future. Oh, I keep thinking of you - you would love all the fabrics and jewels!

Jeff! You should have gone to Northern NM to where all the good food is! I'm envious though...oh New Mexico....

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home